- Shop the Look Above: Blouse: Ann Taylor // Shorts: Jolt from Nordstrom Rack // Wedges: Aerosoles // Sunglasses: Coach // Necklace: Sophie Harper from Rocksbox
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday weekend with loved ones! I spent Thanksgiving in Hilton Head, South Carolina with my fiancé’s family. Before I moved to Atlanta, I’d spend Thanksgiving with my family and extended family in Virginia. My fiancé’s mom and step-dad used to live in Virginia, but they retired and moved to Hilton Head last winter. My grandfather used to have a house in Hilton Head, but sold it when I was little, so I hadn’t been to Hilton Head since I was baby.
- Shop the Look Above: Blouse: Pleione from Nordstrom // Black Pants: Ann Taylor // Boots: Banana Republic // Purse: Tory Burch // Necklace: Sophie Harper from Rocksbox
Happy hump day! How excited is everyone that tomorrow is Thanksgiving? I’m so beyond excited! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I’m headed to Hilton Head, SC to visit my fiancé’s family. His Mom and Step-dad recently relocated from Virginia to Hilton Head and they are having everyone over for Thanksgiving dinner. His Aunt lives in Hilton Head near his Mom and Step-dad, his sister is flying in from Chicago and his other Aunt and Uncle are flying in from Portland. It’s going to be a full house! I’m planning on spending time with family, eating as much as I can, relax and work on La Vie Petite.
- Shop the Look Above: Wrap Sweater: Banana Republic // Black Pants: Ann Taylor // Leopard Pumps: Nine West // Purse: Tory Burch // Earrings: Perry Street from Rocksbox
Hi lovelies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! This past week at work was very hectic, so I spent the weekend relaxing and working on my blog. On Saturday I went to the launch of a local fashion designer’s, Cesca Nelo’s Fall and Winter 2015 collection. The event was at the Academy Ballroom Atlanta in Buckhead. There were several models showcasing Cesca Nelo’s pieces as well her sister’s, Stephanie Bijoux’s handcrafted jewelry. Both sisters are extremely talented. The fashion show was beautiful and Cesca Nelo’s designs were classic, clean-cut and perfect for Fall and Winter.
Hi lovelies! Sorry for the delay in posting; this week was extremely hectic at work… to say the least! I thought the end of the week would never come! So thank goodness for Friday! Fri-Yay! I’m so excited for the weekend! The weather has been getting chillier, so I’ve been staying warm by layering and wearing my new ivory cashmere scarf almost every day.
- Shop the Look Above: Sunglasses: Warby Parker Piper // Sweater: J Crew // Black Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Black Riding Boots: Banana Republic // Necklace: Stella & Dot // Photos: Tyler McClelland
Love these classic Piper frames from Warby Parker! The Piper sunglasses have large frames and an understated cat-eye with a sloping brow line. I feel like Jackie Kennedy or Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s!” Aviators may be the universally flattering pair of sunglasses for all face shapes, but I also think cat-eye sunglasses look great on most face shapes as well. I’m wearing the Piper frames in the Woodland Tortoise color, but the frames also come in Jet Black. Since I have light eyes and a fair complexion, I rarely wear eyeglasses or sunglasses in all black. I typically gravitate towards frames in a tortoise color.
- Shop the Look Above: Eyeglasses: Warby Parker Winston // Sweater: J Crew // Black Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Loafers: Nine West // Necklace: Stella & Dot // Photos: Tyler McClelland
Happy Veterans Day! Thank you to all who have served from the bottom of my heart! These Winston frames may be my favorite Warby Parker eyeglasses that I’ve tried on using Warby Parker’s 5 for 5 Home Try-On Program. The frames come in three colors: Old Fashioned Fade, which I’m currently wearing, Ginger Lemonade and Black. The Winston frame’s narrow fit and straight browline—with signature plaques and soft, square angles around the lenses— melds 1960’s cool with 21st century bold. If you haven’t been able to tell by now, my style is pretty preppy and very feminine. Sometimes, I’ll throw in a sexy outfit or two for date night with my love. 🙂 But during the work week, these Warby Parker Winston glasses would go perfect with business casual/professional outfits while staying on the conservative side. What are your thoughts?
- Shop the Look Above: Eyeglasses: Warby Parker Crossfield in Polished Gold // Flannel Top: Rails // Petite White Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Suede Loafers: J Crew // Necklace: H&M // Bracelet: Two Cumberland // Photos: Tyler McClelland
I love the Warby Parker Crossfield sunglasses in Polished Gold. The Crossfield sunglasses are Warby Parker’s take on the iconic aviator shape with slightly oversized lenses and a smooth titanium construction. Classic and wearable: what more could a girl want? I like how the sunglasses have a warm hue with brown frames and gold hardware accents. I have a fair complexion and light blue eyes, so golden hues are more flattering on me. However, the Crossfield sunglasses also come in Black lenses with silver hardware for those who prefer that color combination! Everyone needs a pair of aviator sunglasses. They are classic and the style fits with anyone’s face shape.
- Shop the Look Above: Eyeglasses: Warby Parker Clark in Scarlet Tortoise // Flannel Top: Rails // Petite White Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Suede Loafers: J Crew // Necklace: H&M // Bracelet: Two Cumberland // Photos: Tyler McClelland
My next pair of Warby Parker eyeglasses from the Fall 2015 glasses collection are the Clark in Scarlet Tortoise. The square lenses and the subtle dip at the bridge make Warby Parker’s Clark frames the very picture of smooth. Since I have a heart shaped face I think the Clark frames fit my face better and I adore the scarlet tortoise color. It is the perfect color for Fall and blends in with the leaves changing colors. If you cannot tell by now I love any shade of burgundy for the Fall! Warby Parker’s Clark frames also come in cognac tortoise and blue marblewood.
- Shop the Look Above: Eyeglasses: Warby Parker Keene in Burnt Lemon Tortoise // Blouse: Ann Taylor // Pants: Ann Taylor // Necklace: H&M // Watch: Tory Burch // Pumps: Audrey Brooke from DSW // Photos: Tyler McClelland
I partnered up with Warby Parker for their Fall 2015 campaign, #FallSyllabus. Everyone has their favorite Fall activities including picking — or eating — apples, carving pumpkins, or going out on hayrides. Thus, Warby Parker picked a few bloggers to highlight how they spend this season of transformation. In line with Fall’s changing colors, Warby Parker’s Fall 2015 glasses collection come in an array of Fall hues, including rich reds, golden browns, cool greys and other harvest hues. I ordered 5 pairs of glasses — 3 pairs of eyeglasses and 2 pairs of sunglasses — using Warby Parker’s 5 for 5 Home Try-On Program. I will highlight each pair in a new blog post and have you help me decide which pair looks best on me!