- Shop the Look Above: Sweater: Banana Republic // Black Ankle Pants: Ann Taylor // Purse: Tory Burch // Leopard Pumps: Nine West
Hey all! Hope everyone is having a nice week! I read an article in February’s Cosmopolitan talking about job happiness and how you can be happier at any job. Caroline Webb, an expert in behavioral science has worked to increase job satisfaction for hundreds of employees in a wide variety of jobs. She’s outlined her tips in her new book ‘How to Have a Good Day.’ Caroline Webb’s theory is that good days don’t just happen – they’re made. Everyone has ups and downs at their job, myself included. However, I’ve tried to be really positive on a daily basis and I’m much happier at my job than I used to be. Caroline’s tips to be happier at any job are:
- Shop the Look Above: Dress: Boohoo.com // Ballet Flats: Tory Burch // Purse: Tory Burch // Photos: Libro Musica
While the rest of the northeast is in a state of emergency due to the snow, we only had a small dusting in Atlanta, which has already melted. My mother and sister sent me pictures from Virginia and the snow goes up all the way to the cars! It’s insane! We are lucky in Atlanta that we didn’t get the crazy storm. However, it’s still cold here in Atlanta and we stayed in for most of the weekend. On Sunday I took my fiancé to see the Book of Mormon which is playing at the historical Fox Theater in Midtown Atlanta. The Fox Theatre was a former movie palace and is now a performing arts venue.
- Shop the Look Above: Blouse: Boohoo // Black Skinny Ankle Pants: Ann Taylor // Ballet Flats: Tory Burch // Purse: Tory Burch // Photos: Libro Musica
I recently collaborated with Boohoo, a global online fashion retailer based in the U.K. offering thousands of affordable styles for both women and men. Boohoo’s clothes are adorable and I got this floral blouse for only £16.00 (which equates to about $20 based on the exchange rate). I participated in Boohoo’s ‘New Year Fashion Resolutions’ campaign to discuss what fashion trends, or items of clothing, I’m looking forward to wearing in 2016. I’ve already listed my 2016 New Year’s resolutions in a prior blog post, but those resolutions included my personal health, beauty and fashion goals. I recently came across an amazing InStyle Magazine article related to fashionable resolutions for 2016. These fashionable resolutions will make 2016 the most fashionable year yet and the resolutions are:
- Shop the Look Above: Chambray Boyfriend Shirt: Old Navy // Navy Pants: Ann Taylor // Loafers: J Crew // Necklace: Stella & Dot // Pear Earrings: David Yurman // Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Photos: Libro Musica
There are so many adorable neighborhoods in Atlanta and since I’ve moved here I really try to explore new places on the weekends when I meet my photographers for blogging shoots. I live and work in Midtown so I spend the majority of my time in the Midtown area, which I love. But on the weekends I look forward to exploring other areas in Atlanta. My photographer suggested we meet in Decatur Square, which is absolutely adorable. Decatur Square has a bunch of local boutiques and restaurants. I met my photographer early Sunday morning so most of the shops and restaurants weren’t open yet, but we checked out Java Monkey, a coffee shop in Decatur Square.
- Shop the Look Above: Blouse: Pleione // Faux Fur Vest: Banana Republic // Black Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Boots: Banana Republic // Clutch: Michael Kohrs
So the weather has been freezing in Atlanta and I’ve come down with a cold and a sore throat. I was feeling fine this weekend and all of a sudden I felt sick Monday morning. 🙁 I’ve been taking medicine and I hope if I continue to rest I’ll start to feel better. The silver lining in being sick is that I have an excuse to not go to the gym and work on La Vie Petite! My grandmother sent us a faux-fur throw for Christmas and I’ve been snuggled up on the couch blogging and binge watching the Royals. Is anyone else as obsessed as I am? The season finale is next Sunday and I cannot wait!
- Shop the Look Above: Sweater: Gap // Black Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Headband: Missoni // Sunglasses: Coach // Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Loafers: J Crew // Photos: Libro Musica
My two favorite winter hues are grey and black. Grey and black mix and match well together and can make a simple outfit look chic, well thought out and put together. On black Friday this year I went shopping with my fiancés family at the Tanger outlets in Hilton Head. I got this super warm grey wrap sweater at the Gap outlet. I’m a baby when it comes to cold weather, hence part of the reason we moved further south to Atlanta. This Gap sweater is so cozy and I’ve been wearing it non-stop. Over the weekend while I was out and about running errands, I paired my grey Gap sweater with my Ann Taylor black skinny jeans, J Crew suede loafers, Coach aviator sunglasses, Missoni headband and Marc by Marc Jacobs purse.
- Shop the Look Above: Schoolboy Blazer: J Crew // Cashmere Scarf: Burberry // Black Blouse: Topshop // Black Skinny Jeans: Ann Taylor // Loafers: J Crew // Aviators: Coach // Purse: Marc by Marc Jacobs // Photos: Libro Musica
There are so many hair myths out there and it is difficult to determine what is fact and what is fiction. Some of the major questions I have are, “does trimming your hair often make your hair grow faster” and “is it bad to shampoo your hair every day?” My hair is pretty dry since I color it, so I make sure I use high-quality hair products and I only wash my hair every other day. I’m definitely not a hair expert, so luckily for you, Madison Reed, a healthy hair care and color products company came up with their own hair do’s and dont’s!
- Shop the Look Above: Blouse: Ann Taylor // Petite Ankle Pants: Ann Taylor // Rain Boots & Socks: Hunter // Aviators: Coach // Photos: Vivid Imagery
After I got back to Atlanta after spending the holidays in Virginia with my family, I forced myself to get back into my normal gym routine. I use the gym in our condo building since the equipment is brand new. I noticed that the gym was way more crowded than it normally is and I realized it’s most likely due to people’s New Year’s resolutions to get back into shape. I mean I don’t blame them; I’ve definitely packed on a few pounds after all the eating and drinking throughout the holiday season. That got me thinking though…what are my New Year’s Resolutions for 2016?