- Shop the Look Above: Blouse: Ann Taylor // Petite Ankle Pants: Ann Taylor // Rain Boots & Socks: Hunter // Aviators: Coach // Photos: Vivid Imagery
After I got back to Atlanta after spending the holidays in Virginia with my family, I forced myself to get back into my normal gym routine. I use the gym in our condo building since the equipment is brand new. I noticed that the gym was way more crowded than it normally is and I realized it’s most likely due to people’s New Year’s resolutions to get back into shape. I mean I don’t blame them; I’ve definitely packed on a few pounds after all the eating and drinking throughout the holiday season. That got me thinking though…what are my New Year’s Resolutions for 2016?
2015 was such an amazing year for me and I know 2016 is going to be even better. For starters, I’m turning the big 30 in May and will be getting married to the love of my life in June! So 2016 is going to one of my best years ever. After some thought, I’ve decided my New Year’s resolutions are:
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. I need my workout goals to be actionable and hold myself accountable. Normally I’m not a girl that makes workout goals as part of my New Year’s resolution; however, I want to make sure I’m in the best shape of my life for my wedding in June. I have 6 months to go to get into bridal shape!
- Gain 10,000+ followers on my Instagram and La Vie Petite following. La Vie Petite has become so important to me. After launching La Vie Petite in September 2015, I’ve received so much love and support from the blogging community and I cannot wait to continue to grow. It makes me so happy to have a place to share my thoughts and passions.
- Attend my first New York Fashion Week. Attending New York Fashion Week would be a dream come true. New York Fashion Week Fall / Winter 2016 is February 11 to 18, 2016. I won’t be able to attend that week due to timing and just being plain realistic, but I’m hoping I can really work towards attending next Fall’s New York Fashion Week Spring / Summer 2017 on September 8 to 15, 2016.
- Become a Better Cook. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a terrible cook. It’s not that I dislike cooking; it’s just that I really don’t have time to cook. Working in financial consulting is tough; my schedule is always up in the air, I often work late or I travel. Plus, cooking for 1 is tough. But now that I’m getting married, I want to make sure I can at least create 1 amazing meal.
What are your New Year’s resolutions?