I’m so excited, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Marisa from Pieced Together! If you don’t know, the Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers to promote and give exposure to newer blogs. I think it’s a really supportive idea and an example of how welcoming the blogging community is. I love Marisa’s style and her fashion blog Pieced Together, so I feel really special that she nominated me. The questions Marisa asked were:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started La Vie Petite 4 weeks ago!
2. What made you decide to start blogging?
I moved to Atlanta, Georgia from Virginia 2 months ago and I wanted to have an outlet for my friends and family back home to witness my new adventures in Atlanta and document my love for fashion, food and travel. I lived in Virginia almost my entire life so it was hard to leave all my family and closest friends, but so far I really love Atlanta and am excited for my new life here!
3. How often do you post?
I try to post 3 to 4 times per week. On my weekends I try to plan out what my blog posts will be for the week. I’ve found planning ahead really helps me, especially since I never know what my work week / schedule will be like.
4. What’s the number one thing you’ve learned through blogging?
How welcoming the blogging community is! Since I’ve launched my blog about 4 weeks ago, I’ve received so much positive feedback from other bloggers, especially other women. I think it’s great when women support other women. That is how the world should work. 🙂 Who run the world? Girls!
5. What’s at the top of your “if you could travel anywhere next week” list?
Italy, Italy, Italy! I’m dying to go to Italy! It’s been on the top of my travel list my entire life. I love shopping, eating and being a tourist so Italy would have me covered! I’m really hoping I can go to Italy on my honeymoon next June 2016. Fingers crossed!
6. Favorite book or movie you read or watched lately?
I just finished reading “All the Light We Cannot See” by Anthony Doerr. It won the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the 2015 Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction. It is seriously an emotional journey, but if you have a chance to read it, I highly recommend it.
7. Where’s your hometown and what’s the best thing about it?
I was born in Florida, but we moved to Virginia when I was young, so I’d say Fairfax, Virginia is my hometown. The best thing about Fairfax is that it has my family and closest friends (minus a few that are spread out on the West Coast). I’m really close with my family and my friends have seen me through almost every major milestone in my life so having them there is definitely the best thing about my hometown.
I’m nominating blogs for this award. When nominated for a Liebster Award, the general protocol is:
- Include a link back to the blog that nominated you
- Answer the questions from the blog that nominated you
- Nominate other blogs that are generally newer
- Write questions for your nominees
- Notify you nominees so they can continue the thread
The blogs I nominate are:
And my questions for those blogs are:
- How long have you had your blog for?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What makes your blog different?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- Who / what is the biggest influence on you and your blog?
- What are your favorite blogs to follow?
- If you could only have one item in your closet, what would it be and why?